Composed of Alternative Mortgage Lenders or their Management Company
Canadian Alternative Mortgage Lenders Association’s (CAMLA) represents Canada’s Alternative Mortgage Lending community. All members are vetted and accredited based on their corporate standards and values.
CAMLA represents all aspects of Canada’s alternative mortgage lending ecosystem including: policy, advocacy, standards, and compliance. Our role is to support the highest level of ethics in mortgage lending in Canada, servicing a wide spectrum of lender’s key issues and requirements.
Prospective General Members must agree to support the CAMLA Purposes and conduct themselves in accordance with the code of conduct as may be published from time to time, with the objectives of promoting best practices. Adhering to this guidance and displaying the CAMLA logo will set Members apart from other alternative mortgage lenders who are not members so that your customers will recognize a trusted brand.
Upon receipt of a completed general membership application form and confirmation of payment of the appropriate general membership fee, applications are submitted to the CAMLA Membership Approval Process.
Benefits of membership
- Government relations support from industry’s most reputable brand
- Ability to promote membership accreditation
- Running for board and committee leadership roles
- Co-brand and distributing thought leadership (industry reports & white papers)
- Partner on data collection initiatives (surveys)
- Speaking at CAMLA events, workshops, and summits
- Hosting CAMLA workshops & events
- Hosting / participating in CAMLA online panels
- Access to regional chapters – focus on provincial matters